Allah with Whose Name we begin, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful.
All Praise is due to Almighty Allah, Durood and Salam upon our Master,
Our Leader Muhammad, upon his Exalted Family and Blessed Companions entire!!
Dear Readers! Today, I present to you few glimpses on the prominence of Sayyiduna al-Imam Hasan and Sayyiduna Imam al-Hussain (leaders of the youth in Paradise) from the authentic book on the Karbala by the Noble Imam and Teacher of the Sacred Knowledge, Mawlana Sha Hasan Raza Khan – the brother of Imam Ahmad Raza Khan – Alaihimur Rahmah wa al Ridwan. The book is called Aaina-e-Qiyamamat (The mirror unto the day of Reckoning). If there any errors, kindly point them out to me so that I can correct them and these should be taken as my errors and not that of the esteemed and Noble Scholar. Also, few Gems of Wisdom by the Great Imams and the two swords of the heavens compiled by Shaykh Abd al-Hadi al-Qadiri Hafidhahullahu Ta’ala!!
The prominence of Imam Hasan ibn Ali and
Imam Hussain ibn Ali – Allah’s pleasure be upon them all
1. It is reported that once, Imam Hasan approached the Holy Prophet – blessings and peace be upon him – and climbed on his shoulders. A person, (who was present) remarked, “O blessed son! What a nice steed you have”. In reply, the Holy Prophet declared, “And how nice a rider (too).” [Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Kitab al-Manaqib, Manaqib Abi Muhammad al-Hasan – Hadith no. 3809, Vol 5, Page 432].
2. Once, when the Holy Prophet – blessings and peace be upon him – was in ritual prostration Imam Hasan wrapped himself on the blessed back of the Holy Prophet – blessings and peace be upon him. Due to this, the Holy Prophet – blessings and peace be upon him – lengthened the ritual prostration so that he (Hasan) would not fall when the Prophet raised his head. [Musnad Abu Ya’la, Musnad Anas bin Malik, Hadith no. 3415, Vol 3, Page 21].
3. The Prophet – blessings and peace be upon him – declared: “these two sons of mine are the leaders of the youth in Paradise.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Kitab al-Manaqib, Manaqib Abi Muhammad al-Hasan, Hadith no. 3793, Vol. 5, Page 426].
4. The Holy Prophet – blessings and peace be upon him – has also stated that, “Their friends are my friends, their enemies are my enemies.” [Sunan ibn Maja, kitab al-Sunna, Fadl al Hasan wa al Husain, Hadith no. 143, Vol. 1, Page 96].
5. He has also stated that, “these two are the swords of the heavens.” He has also stated that, “Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain. May Allah keep him as a friend who keeps Hussain as his friend. Hussain is a grandchild from among grandchildren.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Hadith no. 3800, Vol. 5, Page 429].
6. It is stated that once, the Holy Prophet – blessings and peace be upon him – placed Imam Hussain on his right thigh and and his own son, Sayyiduna Ibrahim on his left thigh. Jibra’il appeared to him and said, “Allah will not keep them both with the Prophet, choose one of them.” The Holy Prophet – blessings and peace be upon him – could not bear being separated from Imam Hussain and three days later, Sayyiduna Ibrahim passed on to the Divine Lord. After this incident, whenever Imam Hussain came in front of him , he used to kiss him and say, ‘Welcome to the one for whom I have sacrificed my own son’” [Tarikh al-Baghdad, Vol. 2, Page 200].
7. He has also declared that, “They are my sons and the sons of my daughter. O Allah! I have kept them in my friendship; You also keep them in Your friendship and keep him as Your friend who keeps them as his friends.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Kitab al-Manaqib, Hadith no. 3794, Vol. 5, Page 427].
8. He advised his blessed daughter, “Bring me both my sons.” He used to then smell them and then hug them to his chest. [Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Kitab al-Manaqib, Hadith no. 3797, Vol. 5, Page 428].
Gems of Wisdom by Hasnain al-Kareemain
Radi Allahu Anhum Ajma’een
Sayyiduna Imam al-Hasan Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anho:
- Good manners and disposition are ten:
1. Truth in Speech
2. Strongly opposing falsehood
4. To repay favours
5. Kindness of kith and kin
6. Protect your neighbour
7. Right enjoined upon you on all creation
8. Entertaining guests
9. Etiquette and
10. The most important is Shame and modesty.
- The best characteristic regarded amongst the wise is wisdom of Taqwah (fear of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta’ala) and the worst characteristic is bad behaviour and bad manners.
- Those who extend a hand of friendship towards you then become friends with them you will be regarded as just.
- Your age continues to increase while your life span decreases therefore assist somebody while you can with anything you have.
- Momin is he who provides for himself in the hereafter while a Kafir (rejecter of Faith) is he who is busy in providing for himself the comforts of the World.
Sayyiduna Imam al-Hussain Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anho:
- Dishonoured is he, who is a Miser.
- If you wish to become a leader then make action and movement, toil and labour your business.
- You are seeing the different types of business dealings shows that the World is changing its colours (becoming more fickle), turning its face away, emptying itself of good, but we still have a little time, a contemptible life is left, danger and fearfulness has enclosed, Alas with regret, can’t you see that justice and truth have been placed behind, falsehood is being practised openly, whosoever hand you grab to rescue he does not want to be rescued towards the everlasting and Almighty creator, nor does he wish to fulfil his duties to his Eternal Lord. I prefer martyrdom, instead of living a life under these oppressors for such a life is also a crime.
- The World has changed colours and it has been deprived of good, Is there nobody that would stop the oppressor from oppression, The time has come for the Mo’min to come forth and to sacrifice everything for the sake of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta’ala.
- Do not fear that which you do not understand, not cannot attain.
- Do not keep high hopes for any remuneration for work which is more than necessary.
- If you know the results of a job will be difficult, then do not take its responsibilities upon your shoulders.
- The highest status amongst the forgiving is of that person who has all the power to avenge himself yet he adopts to forgive.
- All the people whom I loved have departed from this World and I am left amongst those whom I don’t like.
- The best use of wealth is to modestly and honourably resolve it.
MuHammad Junaid Raza
[Durban – South Africa]